Smiths, The: Hatful Of Hollow (Vinyl LP)
Several months after releasing their first album, The Smiths issued this collection of singles and rarities, several of which are BBC versions of songs from their debut.
The Smiths treated singles as individual entities, not just ways to promote an album, and therefore many of their finest songs were never issued on their studio albums.
As if this wasn't enough, this compilation contains the first appearance of what may be the band's finest moment. "How Soon Is Now" encapsulates everything good about The Smiths; Morrissey's mocking lyrics, Marr's stunning vibrato guitar and a rhythm section you could set your watch to.
- William, It Was Really Nothing
- What Difference Does It Make?
- These Things Take Time
- This Charming Man
- How Soon Is Now?
- Handsome Devil
- Hand in Glove (single version)
- Still Ill
- Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
- This Night Has Opened My Eyes
- You've Got Everything Now
- Accept Yourself
- Girl Afraid
- Back to the Old House
- Reel Around the Fountain
- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want